Skin Care Routine

After going over all the newer hair care items I've been trying, I figured that a skin care routine would be a nice transition. I pretty much use the same items for day and night, besides when I have breakouts. We will go over how I take care of those zits, too, don't worry. I will be using a lot of products, but each one is important to keeping my skin feeling and looking its best.

I start off with wetting my face and using a very small amount of Philosophy Purity Made Simple to cleanse my skin. Purity is a gentle facial cleanser used to cleanse, tone, and hydrate. This cleanser is so gentle on the skin that I will use the Olay Fresh Effects Powered Facial Brush to exfoliate and give my skin a sparkling fresh look. If I am full glam, at night I will sometimes start off with Neutrogena's One Step Facial Cleanser to remove the makeup before going in with Purity to cleanse and purify the skin. The reason I add in another step with a different product is because Neutrogena is also very gentle on my high maintenance combination skin and will not burn my eyes when scrubbing all the eyeliner off, which I have realized is hard to find in a makeup remover.


After cleansing comes moisturizing, for the past year I have been using Olay Regenerist Replenishing Cream for deep hydration. I use a very small amount, usually one to two pumps depending on how dry my skin is feeling. Another great moisturizer is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which I love to use under certain foundations like the MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation, which has a gel base to it. I find that the foundation lasts all day without touch up when using the Clinique gel. Otherwise, for an everyday mositurizer, Olay hits the nail on the head with the Replenishing Cream, keeping my face moisturized and soft regardless of whether I chose to use makeup or not. Since I am staying at a friends, I normally take travel sizes with me and I put a weekends worth of pumps in a small jar, so I will update with pictures when I am back home.

Most recently I have added an under eye cream, but I have only added this step about two months ago, and I am still in the testing phase. So far the MAC Fast Response Eye Cream has been decreasing the amount of puffiness under my eyes and the formula is so smooth in that very tender area of the face. I was told this cream is supposed to help with my dark under eye color, however since I have just added this into my routine I have not seen results in that area, but I will give it some time.


If you have been keeping up with my blog then you know that I am very much into masks, so when I need to clear up a breakout whether it be hormonal or otherwise, I start off with a mask I mentioned in an earlier post. Freeman's Dead Sea Minerals Anti-Stress mask is meant to clear out pores, smooth skin, relax the mind, and de-stress the area the mask is applied to. If needed I will use this mask as a spot treatment. Make sure before you go in with a mask, that you are properly cleansing the skin so the mask can do the job of clearing out the desired pores.


Once the mask has dried, I use a hot moist towel to remove it. I then take Neutrogena's On-the-Spot Acne Treatment and use a very small amount of product on each breakout. The packaging reads that the treatment has a MicroClear formula that is clinically proven to unclog congested pores and speed treatment deep to the source. It is supposed to eliminate oil and shine in addition to using green tea and cucumber extracts to actively refresh and soothe the skin to leave it less red and irritated. This is usually my final step when I have breakouts because this little bottle holds all the power. Nick actually brought this little buddy into my skin care routine and I am so happy he did!


Please let me know if any of you use the same products and what you think of them! Thanks so much for reading and I hope everyone has a sunny weekend!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016