Hair and Skin Care First Impressions

So yesterday I had the day off and with such a rough start, I decided to try some new products that I haven't had the time to try yet. While starting my 8th load of laundry in 24 hours, I was also wearing masks on both my face and hair. For my face I started with Freeman's Avocado and Oatmeal clay mask. It has an amazingly subtle scent. I was so scared of an overwhelmingly harsh oatmeal fragrance and it's not like that at all! The packaging says that the focus is deep cleaning and purifying pores, which is necessary during this time of the month where all I want to do is snuggle with a huge box of Oreos while watching romantic movies. So far I am only missing the Oreos. Ladies, you get me! I am excited to use this mask for the next month, and maybe I can get Nick to try it too. He even mentioned the other day that he is noticing a difference in his skin since I cut him off from the Glamglow. Gotta love him!

The hair mask is nothing new, it's actually the last drop out of the jar. OGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Intense Moisturizing Treatment is a really long name for this hair mask. Why make it so complicated people?! Either way, I feel very blah about this mask. Every time I reach for it, it is to make an attempt at finishing it off and I did it! It's been sitting in my shower for way too long. I really wanted to compare it to the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque, which is currently number one in my book, and so far nothing has come close. Normally after using the OGX, I will wash it out and go back in with a quarter size drop of the Macadamia for added softness. Now I have thick, curly, color treated, bleached, fried hair that tangles very quickly, so when I bun it all weekend I must battle my hair into submission before I get into the shower. This is my ultimate test for a hair treatment. OGX did not pass this test today, folks. I will not be repurchasing, however, I do not want to troll on a brand without trying at least a couple of their products. The next on my list is the OGX Hydrating Macadamia Oil Intensive Moisture Mask, but I have not seen it in stores! Someone in the West Chester area, help a girl out!!

In last months Birchbox I received a bunch of hair products that look and smell amazeballs! Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner and 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment are all new to me. After the failed hair mask, I hopped in the shower with Davines hair products and fell in love. I mean the packaging tells you everything you need to know: Love & smoothing. I feel a good hair week coming on. I went to bed with my hair wet, which is normal in my book. I am way to lazy to use a hair dryer. This is why I normally have my hair in a bun and thus the mangled and tangled curls, but I digress. I am very happy to say that I have never woken up with such soft hair. Since it is a rainy day over here, I decided to curl my hair because this hair does not deserve to be sentenced to bun status. OMG these curls are so bouncy and soft! My color looks fresh too, but I think it's because most of the month of October my hair was only let down to wash it. So I am already planning on a repurchase here, but man this ish is expensive! We'll see what I say and how I feel after I finish off that little bottle and I'm curious if I could use a different conditioner with it. Updates soon, I promise!

Yesterday I also started using the Tatcha Classic Rice Enzyme Powder. It is a water-activated powder that exfoliates for softer and more radiant skin. I felt like I was wasting the product or like I was Goldy Locks. First I put too much water and then not enough. Finally I decided to mix it in with my Philosophy Purity Made Simple face wash and it was just right. I am going to need a few weeks to test this one out, I really don't have too much of an opinion just yet.

Normally my days off consist of a lot of TV and laundry, sprinkled with some house cleaning and cooking but it was like the day after Christmas where you finally get to try out all the presents. It felt good to dig into new products and is now inspiring me to start a monthly favorites! What do you guys think? Let me know down below and don't forget to check me and my curls out on Instagram! Thanks for reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016