Halloween Weekend

Halloween weekend was a great weekend to have off from work but definitely a busy one! Nick and I went to Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride the other day, which is not normally my thing, but we were really in the mood! The haunted hayride was probably their best attraction! Less touching from the actors, crazier story lines, creepier setting, and the people on our ride were so funny and made the ride so enjoyable.


On Halloween day, my company had a group of us volunteer at the Narenj Tree Foundation, a non profit that ships clothes and goods to refugees from areas affected by disaster with limited resources. We were working in the donation center sorting and packaging clothes. This was my first time working with this group and they all had such high spirits! It felt good to help and have a little fun outside of work.



From there I went straight home and got ready! As you may have seen on Snapchat and Instagram, Nick and I were Flo and Mayhem for Halloween! My makeup was very simple. I did a normal, every day look and slapped on some fierce wings and a red lip. I was really channeling my inner Flo. BTW that wig was so itchy, but totally worth it when someone was surprised it wasn't my real hair!!


As for Nick, I used the techniques I wrote about in my last post as a base and added two different kinds of fake blood. I used a gel and liquid. The liquid was more fun and came in a one time use packet. The blood dripping on his forehead was the liquid and dried right in place. He ended up using the rest of the packet on the shirt he was wearing. To get the suit jacket looking like he was in a car wreck, he literally did burn outs on it, in a parking lot. Needless to say, Nick had a great time with his costume.



We spent the rest of the night drinking and relaxing with friends. We also won first place in the costume contest!! The night ended in shots, an awesome Uber driver, and puppy snuggles. The morning however, was not as kind. Even when taking the vitamin B pills and drinking water, Nick and I were pretty much bed bugs all day yesterday.


I would love to see and hear about all the different costumes that you wore or what you saw at parties! I have a HUGE announcement that will be in a post later this week or early next week, so please keep an eye out for that! I hope everyone had a wonderful and spooky weekend! Thank you so much for reading!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016