New Years Resolution for 2016


A new year entitles us all to a new beginning. As the year ends, most people like to set new goals and aspirations to make the next year better than the one before and to improve themselves. Last year, I challenged myself to stop drinking soda, something that I am absolutely in love with. Those 30 days were such a struggle and I gained so much support in the process. I have gone back to drinking soda only because the other drinks I replaced it with had just as much sugar, if not more. Now, I honestly drink a lot less. In one night Nick and I could finish off a 12 pack and still need more, whereas now the same amount can last us weeks. I am proud of myself for the progress I’ve made with soda in less than a year.

Although I believe I could be healthier, I have decided to take this year to not focus on my appearance. This might sound crazy coming from someone who blogs about using makeup and posts selfies at least once a week, but I like to look at makeup as clothing. I have clothes I wear every day and clothes I wear for special occasions but no matter which outfit I’m wearing, I am using the clothes to cover up my natural beauty.  A portion of my resolution is to focus on feeling beautiful and not focusing on what I can do to my body that will make me happy.

My resolution for 2016 is to work hard at focusing on the positives in life. I wake up every morning by smacking my phone to shut off the cheerful alarm for work and roll to Nick and say “I don’t wanna go to work today”. Right there at 5am I am already beginning my day with a negative thought and from there, I continue to hate everything about my day. Every day we have the opportunity to make what we can of the time we have while the sun is still shining, and I want to take advantage of the happiness and beauty in life. It is hard to set a concept as a goal and in these first 4 days, I have already been put to the challenge. I am excited to see where positivity will take me and hope this may inspire you to take a hold of your happiness and to see the world through a new view with me.

I also want to thank all of you for continuing to read and follow my blog and all the other social media accounts through the New Year. And if you are new and reading this blog for the first time, welcome, I hope you enjoy it! Thank you so much for reading and don’t forget to check back for my Best of 2015 post coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years