December Favorites

Here we are in the new year and I am sharing my second monthly favorites. Time is sure flying by and it is finally starting to feel like winter here in West Chester! Most of these items I have been using for longer than December but started using all of them religiously throughout the month. As I did in November, I sectioned each of the categories, so if you are only interested in the makeup then make sure to scroll to the bottom! 

Accessories

Ugg Bailey Button Bling

Nick purchased these beauties last year for me for Christmas and I have been strutting around in them ever since. They are so comfortable and soft on the inside! These are my first pair of legit Ugg boots and I have been waiting for winter to wear them. Now I am normally a size 10 in shoes, but due to the angle needed to get each foot into these boots, I needed a size 11. Keep that in mind for these ones.

Bath & Body Works Shea Infused Lounge Socks

I am a sucker for fuzzy socks and during this time of the year I will wear them all the time, no shame. BBW brings these out with different characters for at least the fall and winter every year. Normally during spring and summer the socks have designs instead of characters. Regardless of the themes, the socks are the softest I have ever found and the pads on the bottom are not too big to hurt your feet like some others I've purchased for cheaper. In stores and online these socks should run around $8 but when the season is over, you might end up paying upwards of $15 a pair on ebay.

Pashmina Scarf

Since this scarf was a gift for Christmas from Nick's mom, I'm unsure of where they were actually purchased, however, I have found a website with all of the colors she has gotten me this year and last year. So far I have Cranberry, Baby Pink, Off White, Black, Purple, Fuchsia, and Baby Blue (shown in photo above). These are so soft and really keep your neck warm but not hot, so you can wear them to look cute and practical. They're long enough to make cute knots but I normally wear mine the same way. I press the middle of the scarf under my chin, wrap the left side to the right, and right side to the left. Done and done. 

Candle

Medium Wild Rose Screw Top Jar Candle

If you have been keeping up with my SnapChat (kpow10), then you saw that I splurged in Primark at the King of Prussia mall. It was just opened and I am so excited because the last time I stepped foot in one was when I studied abroad in London back in '09. Good times. This store is like Target and Walmart had a baby. There is the convenience of almost anything you can imagine. Check it out if you get one near you! Now for this candle, the soft scent of wild rose is so decadent and sexy. The small one was $0.90 and the medium was not much more than that. For that price and that scent, it doesn't even bother me that the candle doesn't burn evenly. 

Movie & Snacks

The Family Stone

This movie is on my list every year as a much watch during the 25 days of Christmas. The story is based on an uptight woman trying to get along with her boyfriend's family for the holidays. When the family gives her a hard time, she realizes how much she stands out. She asks her sister to join her for support which only further complicates things. Eventually it all works out and everyone has the merriest of Christmases, but not in the way you expected. This movie shows how imperfect families are but how much they all really support each other through thick and thin. As an only child watching siblings always fascinated me and still does, but this one just shows how much of a pain in the ass they can be. It will make you laugh and cry, all in a little over an hour.

DeMet's Mini Turtles

This is a nomtastic journey and a half, and no need to tear off the wrappers in between each sinful bite. Each one is made using caramel and pecans covered with milk chocolate. These are my snack of choice during that time of the month and any other time when I feel that an overdose of chocolate is needed. So good, but don't forget to brush your teeth after these puppies. 

Makeup

MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder

If you're looking for a lightweight pressed powder to use to mattify your face, set your makeup, or use a sheer foundation for days you're avoiding liquid foundations, this is perfect. This powder leaves the skin feeling soft and luxurious regardless of what you have underneath. I like to use this with my Too Faced Born This Way liquid foundation and the Maybelline FitMe Matte and Poreless foundation. For MAC I match best with NW25.

The Original Beauty Blender

Everyone and their mother was raving about this product when it first hit shelves, and since then they have release several more products for different uses. So far I have only tried the original and it took about 6 months off and on for me to fully appreciate this thing. I hate that it absorbs approximately 60% of the product you place on your face and neck, but this can be a positive when working with your under eye area. This sponge guarantees your face will not turn cakey regardless of the products you use. I am still trying to determine if it is worth $20 but for now it has been treating my face very well. Sometimes I will soak the BB and squeeze it out as much as possible to apply foundation, but sometimes I will actually use the MAC Fix Plus or Charged water to dampen it.

Becca Champagne Glow Palette

My favorite highlight of the year, Champagne Pop, inspired Becca to launch this palette for the Jaclyn Hill lovers for the holiday season. After meeting Jaclyn back in June on the rainiest of days in NYC, I saw how wonderful and humble this woman is. Her mother and sister were such sweet hearts taking pictures with fans on the side while we were all jumping around like highschool girls at a Taylor Swift concert. No matter what, I will be supporting this woman with the products she creates and endorses, but when she does I know it will be amazing. In most looks I have posted in December, I mixed Pearl and Champagne Pop. The Blushed Copper does not get nearly as much attention, but towards the end of the month I started bronzing with it. Anyways, if you're a fan of gorgeous creamy highlighter palettes, this is the one for you. This will only be found at Ulta and it was brought out for the holidays so get it while you still can!

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Last but certainly not least, I left the most impressive item of December to end with. Laura Mercier hit the nail on the head with this setting powder. I use this powder to bake underneath the eyes and to set concealer. For my oily and combination skinned folks, you will absolutely love this powder. Once you brush away the excess powder, it leaves your skin feeling silky and matte. This is the most expensive product that I can say without a doubt that I will repurchase. Sephora does have the option to purchase a travel size at the cash wrap for $22.50 before spending $37 for the full size. Both are expensive, but at least you can try it before spending double on the full size.

Alright guys, I hope you enjoyed my favorites list from December! I will still be posting my Best of 2015 some time this week that will focus on the year as a whole and not just makeup, so check back for that. I have been inspired for a few different makeup looks that I will be working on, so check out SnapChat and Instagram in the next couple days! Let me know in the comment section below or on Twitter if you tried any of these products or if you have any products you think I may love that were your favorites from December! Thank you so much for reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016