January Favorites

This month revolved around getting sick twice, taking time off, and stressing over all of the little things. Nick and I spent the majority of our time off binge watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix in bed going through a box of Sudafed and tissues together. So please excuse the very small amount of makeup on the list and the exuberant amount of random cozy yet wonderful products that I may have overused this month. Enjoy the products and can't wait to read what you guys think about them! As usual, there are categories so if something does not interest you this time around, then you can keep on scrolling!

Cozy Items

Tazo Refresh Mint Tea

Earlier this month I wrote a chit chat surrounding the winter season and getting sick. This tea is so soothing and delicious that I started drinking it every morning! Now, I am not a hot beverage drinking type of person, but I knew my throat needed something warm and my taste buds needed something tasty. The peppermint really shines through with a touch of spearmint. If you can, try it at Starbucks or pick a box up at Target! Worth every minty penny!!

Cuddl Duds Fleecewear with Stretch Hooded Wrap

This cozy sweater is a hooded open-front jacket featuring long sleeves with thumbholes at cuffs. I don't know about you, but I was known to cut holes in my sweatshirts when I was younger so I could pop my thumb through. Cuddl Duds really hit the nail on the head with how comfy this is, including that thumbhole! The material is made up of mostly polyester with about 6% spandex. I have never had such a warm sweater either! This is something you can wear with short or long sleeves, but if you're like me and can get a hot flash in the dead of winter, then I would stick to shorter sleeves or tanks underneath. For Christmas, I was given the grey one shown in the picture but online I was only able to find the black one for sale, so check a few different places online in case you're really interested in the grey!

Blistex Medicated Lip Balm

Blistex is not so much a beauty favorite as it is a practical favorite through this time of the year. I know in a few of my posts I suggested C. O. Bigelow Rose Balm for moisturizing during the winter, but if you have dry and chapped lips and you're looking for something fast acting to treat your lips then this lip balm would be better suited for you. While I was sick I even used this on the chapped areas of my nose and it works so quickly. You can use the Rose Balm to moisturize, but to treat your lips you should use this one. Plus you should be able to find this balm at a lot more locations for cheaper!!

Eccolo Weekly Agenda

In an attempt to stay on the positive side of life this year I stumbled upon this planner in Marshalls. The book is a soft warm pink that says 2016 My Best Year Yet. Such a simple title, but it made me believe that I can control how great this year is going to be and I am going to try like hell to keep positive. I am using this book as an agenda but also as a journal. I want to be able to look back on this year and remember the days where the little things made them good days. So this was a perfect find for me.

Justin Bieber - Love Yourself

For those of you reading who have known me for years, you know I used to go through phases of obsessing over certain male celebs. I've gone from Orlando Bloom (in the elf phase), Zac Efron (in the HSM phase), and Justin Bieber (before the egging). The biebs isn't so much a favorite any more, and I could write a whole post on that boy and why I believe he ended up going down the path he did, but maybe we can save that for another day. The boy has undeniable talent, especially singing, and this song is just so catchy besides my theory on the message. To me he is basically saying he dated someone who used him and he is just clearing the air to let her know he has no ties, he's not hurt, but that she should look inside herself and figure out why she did what she did. He is telling this woman to love herself. Or any woman for that matter. You are not going to find inner love in social media, pictures, or even the mirror, but you can find it inside yourself. You might think I'm thinking too hard about this, but I challenge you to check out the lyrics while he's singing and see what you hear then.


Grey's Anatomy

I have been watching Grey's religiously since my senior year in high school when an old friend had me binge watch the first 3 seasons in a week on my white 4th generation iPod in 2008. So this show has been a favorite of mine for years, however it became Nick's mission to watch through the seasons so we can watch the current season together. He was hooked after Derek's death and in the past 3-4 months we have been binge watching on days off. We finally hit season 10 in January and the goal is to watch up to season 12 episode 9 before episode 10 airs on Feb 11. So we still have a ways to go! Watching this show with Nick has been a really fun part of my new year, so of course it had to go on my January Favorites list!

Accessories

Make Up For Ever Flat Steel Palette - Large


I purchased this plate back in October to have something a little more reliable than the plastic plates I had been using from the dollar store to mix foundations, concealers, and body paints. This has come in handy for not only at home application or when I feel like doing some crazy face paint and it's great to bring with me everywhere! I normally just clean it off with a makeup wipe and deep clean with soap when I get home, but regardless it is very easy to maintain. The palette is made with lightweight aluminum and resistant to even the most corrosive products like acetone. Impressive just on those facts but to do ya one better, it was only $8. Thinking I could find it at Sephora, I went to King of Prussia mall to find it, but ended up having to walk over to the MUFE store. So either you can purchase this puppy online or find a store near you!

MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush


This brush is everything. It was shown last in my MAC haul, and I finally have incorporated it into my daily makeup routine. It is just fluffy enough and not too dense for perfect blending. The brush has soft fibers tapered to a dome shape. When I purchased the brush it felt scratchy and a few hairs shed, but I gave it a bath and it easily became one of my favorites. It ended up being soft and more controllable. In my opinion, MAC brushes should be washed before your first use. Almost like breaking in new shoes, they look great but hurt the first couple wears, ya know? MAC brushes are a bit on the expensive side, but you can get a great deal on their products after the holidays at department stores. I saw a bunch of MAC products up to 30% off at Macy's while there was no sale at MAC itself. Check it out! 

Makeup

Benefit They're Real! Mascara


The best part about this mascara is the brush, honestly. The bristles catch close to the root on either the top or bottom lashes, which allows a boost in length. The length you can get in one fell swoop is amazing but as for the formula of the mascara, I've noticed it works a lot better with a lash primer. This was a toss up for my favorites list, but the wand is amazing and again, with a primer, preforably the one from Urban Decay, this mascara is great and will last throughout the day!

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water


I have been using this water with the MakeUp Eraser, a pink towel made to remove makeup with only water, and it is amazing. This water alone will surprise you but requires at least cotton pads for removing your makeup. In the instructional video on YouTube, the lady used at least 4 cotton pads for the entire face, which is why I began using the MUE. To use, I shake up the bottle until it looks clowdy and drench the MUE and begin removing makeup in a circular motion. The packaging doesn't lie, it will remove even the toughest mascara. This is miracle water. Get it. 

Hair

Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray


I totally didn't believe my friend when she told me this spray cuts her time when blow drying and I was proved wrong! This spray alone has cut my time in half! Now I have fairly short hair that doesn't need a lot but when I choose to blow dry my hair over air drying, I make sure to always use a heat protection spray. This spray doubles as both by eliminating frizz, protection from heat and damage, and shortening the time from wet to dry. Another magical product here guys, if you don't believe, do what I did and get the small bottle from Ulta at the register!

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo


This dry shampoo is one of the first without a white cast or residue. Sometimes I will even use it at the roots when straightening each layer of my hair to give it a little boost. The point of dry shampoo is to remove dirt and oil between washes, which a lot of the name brands do, however the white cast is what sets the good and bad apart from each other, especially when you have dark hair. Even though I have blonde hair, I have (very) dark roots and this dry shampoo has been amazing all month. I first heard of it a few months back but never bothered to try it until it came in my January Birchbox. Love it!

Perfume

Michael Kors Rose Radiant Gold Perfume


Another Christmas gift, but this one is from Nick. I had been pining over this perfume for months just waiting for Christmas! It smells like rich florals with a vanilla undertone. Makes me feel so sassy with each spritz. This is one that can be a little overwhelming for some, I have learned less is more. I will spritz twice; the first time I rub both wrists together and then rub both wrists to rub it right under my ear near the jaw line and the second about 10 inches away from my abdomen. This gives enough scent without being overwhelming. Michael Kors anything can bust a budget, but you can always head into a department store and try it before buying!


Can you believe that today is the last day of January 2016!? Nick and I got wonderful news that I cannot wait to share with you guys in my next chit chat! This is the year of excitement and changes. Staying positive through the first month was almost as hard as the first week without a sip of Coca-Cola last March, but don't worry I will cover it all. I hope you guys enjoyed this month's list of favorites, let me know if you have tried them and love them or if you have tried something better! Thanks so much for reading! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016