Chit Chat 3


For those of you who may know me, I am not a huge fan of hot beverages including cocoa, tea, and coffee. Now some of these things I can drink with extra sugar, flavoring, and lots of ice, until recently. After catching someone else’s sickness, as we are probably all in the midst of fighting as I type this, I did not actually show symptoms of a typical cold. After a few days my body became weak, and as the days went on it only got worse with migraines. My headaches were so bad that keeping my eyes open long enough to turn on my computer at work just to enter my password became overwhelming due to the bright florescent lights above my desk. It was when my airflow became shortened and my temperature spiked to about 102*that I knew it wasn’t just a cold.

I left work and sped to the urgent care center closest to my house for an examination. The doctor gave me antibiotics for tonsillitis. This is the 3rd instance of tonsillitis in my life time but they have always been enlarged since I was in my teens.  While waiting for my prescription to be filled, I felt so weak that I fell asleep in the waiting area. When I woke up my body felt intense, almost like I was walking through water with every step I took to get out of there. I was so disoriented in the parking lot that I knew I couldn’t drive home. Nick’s mom picked me up and drove me home.  After 4 days of bed rest, the majority of those I slept and hardly ate, but eventually got back to my normal self.

Not even a month later, my roommates all got sick again. This time I was getting it again too but I was not about to spend over $200 for a prescription and a pat on the back again. So I stormed to the internet for at home remedies for tonsillitis, and all of which made me gag. The number one thing I drank for about a week was hot water with honey and salt. I never want to drink that ever again.  I would then go home and gargle with warm salt water or apple cider vinegar. It wasn’t until I tried peppermint tea, did I actually start feeling better. All the other concoctions were upsetting my stomach and my taste buds, but the tea calmed my upset stomach and actually tasted pretty good.

I’ve been drinking Tazo Refresh Mint that infuses peppermint, spearmint, and tarragon. Now my tonsils are still enlarged, but they have shrunk quite a bit since the tea soothed the inflammation. To make a long story short, I have started branching into teas and hot beverages and can’t wait to try a few more! This time around when the house was in disarray, I was prepped with my tea in one hand and Lysol in the other. Let me tell you, it feels good to not need to take off work! So to end this chit chat with my first tea of the day in hand, I want to tell you that it’s cheaper to purchase Tazo tea bags at Target than Starbucks. If any of you can relate I would love to read about your stories in the comment section below or on twitter! Thanks so much for reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016