Beauty Nopes! Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter

This is week two of the Beauty Nopes, if you missed last weeks, check it out here! This weekly series is dedicated to products that did not work for me. As a disclaimer, a lot of the products I will mention in these posts are from brands that I love. If anything I mention is one of your favorites, please keep in mind that we are all different and this is just my opinion.

One of my least favorite scents is oranges and tangerines. I purchased the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Sweet Citrus thinking I would be getting more of a lemon or lime scent. Nope! I opened an online order from Sephora where I purchased the 2 oz tub for $12, only to realize it had a very strong tangerine smell. I wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt and try it for the formula and not write it off just on the smell alone. It went on my skin so smoothly but within 5 minutes my hands would actually feel so greasy! This might just be me, but if I'm applying a body butter to my extremities, I should not have to wash my hands afterwards. If I didn't wash my hands or at least attempt to wipe off the excess at work, then I could actually see my fingerprints on my keyboard, almost like eating really buttery popcorn and touching your phone. When applying to my legs and feet, I realized very quickly that I was feeling sick to my stomach because of the lingering scent. After a few weeks, I ended up returning the tub because it was too much for too little that made me sick when I opened it.

A few weeks after that, I bought Soap & Glory's The Righteous Butter, which also has a strong floral scent but it dissipates with time, still nourishing your skin without that greasy feeling. At Ulta, I purchased the 1.69 oz tub for $4. So not only is the Josie Maran not worth the greasy scent of tangerines lingering on your skin, but there is something better out there for cheaper!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading about this week's Beauty Nopes, if I happen to include something that is your favorite, please do not take it to heart! We all have different skin types, body types, and opinions. That's why the makeup industry keeps on growing! Thank you so much for reading and stay tuned for next week's Beauty Nopes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016