Skin Care Routine

For about a month now, I have been dedicated to skincare more than makeup. I had a breakout with a sheet mask and my skin has not been the same since. I've been dealing with texture, oil, dryness, and breaking out all over. With my face looking and feeling a wreck, I really didn't want to force makeup looks and clog my pores further. So I do apologize for not making that up in content here on my blog!

The advantage to not wearing full face and focusing on my skin, I have been able to finally get into a routine in the morning and at night. With that being said, this routine includes a lot of high end products. Most of the products I am using are deluxe samples or travel size that I received as a point perk at Sephora or those "try me" kits the companies sell at Ulta and Sephora. All of the products I will be mentioning are on my list to purchase the full size, but there are also cheaper options for purchasing the smaller jars/containers, which I will get into after each product.


Day Time


In the morning, I will gently cleanse the skin with a gel based formula. For about a year now I have been loving the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser, $24, but have been recently swapping it out for the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel, $38. With some extensive use of both products, they cleanse the skin very well in the morning, however I have noticed they are not great for removing makeup, but for me this is not an issue when washing my face at 6:30AM. Also with both products, a little goes a long way. There is no need to douse your face with cleansers that foam up to do their job, so I have always purchased the travel size (3 oz) Purity bottles for $11 that will last me approximately 3-4 months. You can often find them on sale after the holidays or with coupons at Ulta. As for the Tarte cleanser, I am still using the trial size I purchased for $10 at Sephora in a limited edition set.



To moisturize for the day, I use the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, $39. This lightweight gel is amazing for moisturizing the skin just right without leaving the skin wet, tacky, or greasy. I have noticed a big difference in my day where my skin performs with less oil and feels smooth all day. This was a 100 point perk at Sephora, but they also offer a 0.5 oz tube for $9 and it is also included in a kit that is on my wishlist. Clinique has the Little Holiday Helpers kit for $17 with lots more goodies with tremendous value and the Moisture Surge comes in a 0.5 oz jar.


Night Time 


When I have spent the day with makeup on, I have found that I prefer removing it before washing my face and the most amazing remover I have ever used is the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, $29, is perfect for that. This product works similar to coconut oil in the sense that it is a solid that melts with the touch of your fingers. I like to get a small amount on a spoon, rub my hands together to melt the product, and then apply it to the face in a circular motion to gently remove any makeup including thick black waterproof mascara. Once my face looks like a mess, I wash off and pat dry. Seriously love this product! I purchased the Take It All Off set, $14, from Sephora that includes a mascara, but they also offer the same 0.5 oz jar in the Little Holiday Helpers kit, $17, along with the Moisture Surge if you're interested in trying out both of them!

After the makeup is off, I will use either of the cleansers mentioned in my morning routine. If I feel it's necessary to exfoliate, I will use the e.l.f. Exfoliating Scrub, $6. Normally I exfoliate 2-3 times a week. The elf exfoliator is heavily abrasive but is perfect for the deep clean I've been looking for.

To moisturize at night, I go hard. Every other night I start out with a dab of the GlamGlow ThirstyMud, $69, as a moisture base. On top of that I will add the Clinique Moisture Surge all over the face for moisturizing. Around my cheeks and eyes I use the Algenist Genius Cream, $110, since this formula focuses heavily on anti-aging I want to keep that area nice and plump.







The GlamGlow I purchase as the smaller jar for $20 since a little goes a long way and I have noticed with other GG products, the formula will dry out over time since the jar is being constantly opened, so the little jar gives you the ability to use every drop you purchase. Algenist is the most expensive item I own and the deluxe trial size was given to me as a gift in a holiday QVC Discovery Kit. QVC offers sets and kits just like Sephora but they will contain products from multiple high end brands for around $20. They currently have a Winter Essentials Kit including the Algenist product and 5 others to check out for $24.



Once those products have set for a few minutes, I then work the Tarte Maracuja Neck Treatment, $49, into my jaw line down to the base of my neck. I was told by a friend that this area will show your true age in the years to come, so I will not forget a night of lathering up the neck! This cream is intended to improve the appearance of the skin targeting that area specifically. Within the past few weeks I have started to add in an additional product for even more moisture and that product is the Mario Badescu Facial Spray, $7, from Ulta. I have been looking to add some type of rose water and this mist is absolutely refreshing. It is meant to go on your face whether you have makeup, creams, or anything going on on there for added hydration. Once that sets, for my last product, I pat on an oil onto my face and neck for a last coating of the night. So far the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light is my absolute favorite. What I love about this oil is that it reduces sebum production,  making it ideal for ALL skin types, especially those like me who can be sensitive and prone to breakouts.


The Tarte cream I received as a free gift at Ulta when I purchased one of their foundations and eyeliners a while back, but this is the first product that is on my list to purchase the full size of! The full size of the Mario Badescu is $7 but Ulta does offer a travel size for about half the price. And last but not least the Josie Maran oil was included in the QVC Discovery Kit I mentioned earlier that I received as a gift, but they are always offering deals on that brand! Also check out Sephora for the travel size under $20!

I hope you all enjoyed my skin care routine! I have a few looks in mind that I cannot wait to share but unfortunately because of the breakouts those will be coming up in May. A Sephora haul is also on its way soon, just waiting on the packages to arrive. Even a few drugstore products I tried before the breakouts will be hitting the Beauty Nope list, so stay tuned for those every week!! Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a lovely end of the month!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016