Beauty Nopes! Elf Poreless Face Primer

This is week 3 of the Beauty Nopes posts! I started this portion of my blog because I wanted to make sure I give you well rounded opinions of products I have been using. Not every product works the same for each person purchasing it and a lot of the products that make it onto the Nope list come from amazing brands with tons of wonderful products!

Elf is one of my absolute favorite well priced brands with great brushes, a promising skin care line, and brow products that I can't seem to get my hands on! As I was preparing a look comprised of all drugstore products, I found the Poreless Face Primer for $6, I excitedly tried this under my Maybelline Fitme Matte + Poreless Foundation. Applying the primer to my face I noticed a faint smell of tea tree, which I thought was weird but didn't necessarily mind it. Normally when I do looks at night, I will wear makeup for about 2-3 hours before going to bed. This obviously does not allow time to review of a product. To give it a fair shot, I used it for a few days over the span of a weekend, and had the worst results. My makeup started to separate after a few hours and my skin looked like a grease ball before noon. Not ok, when I have to be at work until 3PM. My nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin were the shiniest areas on my face after about 4 hours. It felt like I could actually feel my makeup moving around. All I wanted to do was take it all off, but couldn't. This is about the time where I started carrying extra makeup wipes with me at all times, which is especially helpful when tattooing my arms in swatches at Ulta or Sephora. Either way, if you are looking for a poreless primer for a drugstore price, please look elsewhere! If you have any suggestions for drugstore primers, please let me know!! I'm still on the hunt for some good ones! Tweet me at k_pineapple1 with your thoughts!


I hope you guys are enjoying this series! If I happen to include something that is your favorite, please do not take it to heart! We all have different skin types, body types, and opinions. That's why the makeup industry keeps on growing, we want more! Thank you so much for reading and stay tuned for next week's Beauty Nopes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016