Maybelline Impressions Part 2

Almost a month ago I started this mini series of reviews to give you my opinion of as much of the newest Maybelline products that arrived at the drugstore. As most of you know, I favor this brand in the drugstore due to their amazing foundations and concealing products, which is why I took this review project on.

In Part 1, I reviewed the FaceStudio Master Fix Setting Spray and FaceStudio Master Fix Setting + Perfecting Powder. Both of which seemed promising but I ended up returning the powder due to the chalk like consistency, plus there are way better products out there for cheaper. The setting spray turned out to be a great alternative to the Urban Decay All Nighter, so I will continue to use and see if my opinion changes!

In Part 2, I have selected the new Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid lipsticks. These have been ridiculed all over Snap Chat and You Tube for not drying down completely matte, but then others I have seen and read love them because of the bold color and comfort they allow at such an inexpensive price point.


Instagram: @Maybelline regram of @linerglttrgloss


Due to the marketing behind this particular product, I can understand why people have been upset about it. Even on their website, Maybelline describes a contradicting idea of how the formula will perform by stating the "lip color glides on smooth to a matte finish", but only sentences later describes that you are going to love this product because the "vivid color glides easily onto lips for a velvety matte finish. Formula is comfortable and creamy with a smooth feel upon application". So I can see why people would be upset. The difference between matte and velvety matte, from what I understand matte would dry down completely and the velvety matte finish would not completely dry down to allow comfort that the matte does not. Although the formula is not exactly matte, the colors they offer most certainly are.
This lipstick is better with less applied and will require reapplication in a few hours, more so with the bolder colors. I purchased 4 colors out of the 10 they offer, and my favorites were the Nude Flush and Pink Charge, the first two in the photo above. The Pink Charge seemed to be a subtle coral color in person but on the lips it was electric, so I started mixing the Nude Flush on the lips and it was the best color out of all the ones created. The applicator is very soft but it was easier to apply with a lip brush or angled brush for more definition, especially with the Vivid Purple.

They all have great color pay off and feel amazingly comfortable on the lips. The packaging is sleek and sexy. If you are stuck on needing a matte finish, these are not for you. I don't think I will be purchasing any more colors just because they are not colors I would normally consider flattering on my skin tone. To attempt a matte lip when wearing the purple, I lightly powdered my lips with a translucent powder and went back in with another layer. This allowed the purple to stay on my lips for about 3 hours before I noticed it was rubbing off during lunch time. Side note, these are not sandwich proof, meaning when you go to bite a sandwich and your bottom lip grazes your chin resulting in a lipstick transfer, yeah this formula is not made for an easy lunch time.

Thank you so much for reading! The next review I have for you guys is specifically on the Master Prim Long-Lasting Shadow Base In Prime + Illuminate coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016