Masks


As I promised, every other day I will be posting with updates and exciting posts!! Mrrow!! Now as we all know that upping your intake on water will greatly improve your skin but I also want to show you other products that keep my skin in check. My favorite things to do with my girls, ya know when we're kickin' it, are eating and watching reruns of any TV show that started while we were in Jr. high or high school. If you know what show 'Clothes over Bros' came from, we can officially be friends.


Besides being a couch potato, I love to do masks! I have tried a lot of masks, everything from mud, paper, charcoal, clay, cleansing, moisturizing, and brightening. I want to share my top 5 masks I found that work best for my skin. This should go without saying, but here I am, these products work for me and may not work for you. So please research some of these masks before purchasing - especially the ones that are a bit on the pricey side.


I have what I consider high maintenance combination skin. If I do not keep up with washing, moisturizing, and all the usual things, then my face will get super oily and will break out. These masks will either combat the oil, keep me clear and fresh, or moisturize the hell out of my face.




Dead Sea Minerals Anti-Stress Mask 6 oz $6

It is meant for clearing pores and smoothing skin. This clay mask uses lavender and bergamot to relax and de-stress, as a plus it smells amazing! I like to use this one as my default when I have a break out. When I am not suffering from a breakout, I have noticed that this makes my face extremely soft and smooth. This really makes me show off my skin after washing off. Freeman has a lot of different kinds of masks and I am still trying them all out, but the Dead Sea Minerals is by far my favorite of the ones I have tried.




GLAMGLOW Supermud Clearing Treatment
1.2 oz $69 


I tried very hard to not like this because of the price and the fact that this is one of the only treatments that Glamglow does not offer in the .5 oz container but it is amazing. There really isn't anything comparable that I have found yet, but I am still searching. It is a great spot treatment and I have used this after having a bad reaction to a face wash and it calmed my skin back to it's original state. It tingles a bit when it first goes on but it dissipates as it dries. I have seen a significant difference in my skin since using it a few months ago, but mostly around my T-zone. This one Nick actually will use from time to time, but he only uses it on his nose for clearing dirt and oil build up. Again, I want to replace this with something a little less expensive but so far, this is IT for clearing over time.





True Blue Spa Purifying Peel Off Face Mask 4 oz $12

 The blackberry mask gets in deep clearing out pore-clogging dirt, oil, and debris to help keep skin looking and feeling flawless, as promised on the bottle. It can be a little overwhelming with a slight tingle and tightness as it dries but it is well worth it. I use this one sparingly due to my slightly sensitive (high maintenance) skin. As many peel off masks, it causes a bit of redness but I attribute that to the action of peeling it off. As far as masks go, peel off is not my first choice, but this is the one exception. I purchased this at a Bath and Body Works semi-annual sale and I am not sure if this is something that will return in stores but you might be able to find online.






GLAMGLOW Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment .5 oz $20

This is the ultimate hydration mask! It glides onto the skin, will not dry, and you do not need to remove it. I will use this when traveling so my skin does not dry out, but it is intended for overnight use. It smells amazing, almost like a tropical drink with a very subtle coconut scent. Makes me want a bay breeze ;). You wake up feeling refreshed, hydrated, smooth, and supple without feeling oily or greasy. I try to use this in conjunction with other masks when I feel they have dried out my skin too much.






Sephora Paper Mask - Rose $6


Halleujah! A paper mask that does not break me out!! YUUUUSSSS!!!!!! This mask states it is for ultra moisturizing and brightening. Yes and yes. With the inexpensive price and well kept promises, I will be repurchasing to stock up for life. All you do is unfold the mask and put it on. Done. It is a little hard to do anything with it on, so it goes well with the Netflix and chill mentality. Now this mask is very saturated and you will look scary but Netflix will never judge you. I normally leave it on for about 10-15 minutes and will not touch my face until it dries otherwise it feels a bit tacky/sticky. So my skin can absorb the magic I wont wash my face for another 20 minutes and afterwards my face is glowing, feels smooth, and is left with a subtle rose scent.

So, I know I'm throwing a lot if information your way and it can be overwhelming sometimes walking into a Sephora or an Ulta and seeing all the options you have for your face. Some key things to remember: what type of skin you have, what type of maintenance your skin needs, and what products will satisfy these needs. Don't be afraid to ask for assistance and don't be afraid to try something new. Sephora doesn't advertise it, but they will create small samples for you to take home and try. Just remember that trying a new product may not show the desired results within your first use, so purchasing may be your best option. So go out there an try something new! I would love to hear what products you use and what they do for your skin!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016