Removing Body Paints

The second thing that comes to mind during the Halloween season of amazing artistry on Instagram and Youtube is how the hell do they remove it all?! Well after dabbling in the world of body paints this past few weeks, I am going to show you the products I used to not only remove the paints and makeup from my face and body but also how to remove them from my brushes. This is a fairly simple process and depending on how soon you remove it, there should be minimal staining to the skin and brushes.

Neutrogena takes the cake with makeup removers in my book. I used the regular makeup removing wipes to remove the most makeup possible before heading in the shower, for the Sugar Skull post I used about 3-4 wipes, but with the next skull post I have for you in the next few days, I used upwards of 7-10 wipes. This is a lot of wipes, but first off, Neutrogena is fairly inexpensive and there are store brands like Wal-Mart's store brand (pictured below) that will do this step pretty much the same way, but the Neutrogena's are my favorite since they do not sting my eyes. The reason why I complete this step first is because I would rather spend the time using wipes instead of having to clean splattered paint off the walls of my shower, but if you'd rather hop right in to start scrubbing, then by all means skip this step.


Step two, hop in the shower with Neutrogena's One Step Gentle Cleanser and EcoTools shower gloves. These gloves are great for exfoliating at the intensity of your choosing. I will usually only use one glove for this step to scrub my face, chest, and if you dare to put makeup on your ears then don't forget them in the shower!

For step three of getting the makeup off of your face and body, it is also step one of cleaning your brushes! The last step is getting makeup out of the nooks and crannies that scrubbing cannot get, like tight lined eyeliner, makeup in your nostrils, and possibly in your ears. This is where I dip a q-tip into Neutrogena's Oil Free Makeup Remover and get right into those smaller areas. In my experience these steps are great for when using fake blood as well as body paints and makeup. Recently I have been using the Target brand dupe for this makeup remover, shown in the picture below.


Now for the brushes, as I mentioned, this is step one. Pour a little of this makeup remover into a small cup or bowl; I used a shot glass to make sure not too much of the remover was wasted in this process. Then swirl the bristles of the brush around in the remover; you will start to see the paints break down and the remover will change some nasty colors in this process. Make sure to have a towel, preferably one that you don't mind staining, so you can wipe the excess off the brushes.

Step two, clean your brushes as you would normally. There are a bunch of different ways to clean your brushes but when working with heavier makeups like foundations and even body paints, I have found that dish soap works best. Pour a dime size drop of soap into your hand and swirl the brush around, then rinse the suds from the bristles. This is the most tedious part since the brush may look clean when rinsing but the water is not running clear. Just keep at it to get all of that makeup out of there.

Make sure to ring out the bristles, they will still be wet, so leave them out to dry on a towel or paper towels. Lay the brushes flat or on an angle with the bristles at the lowest point. This step will make sure your brushes dry without letting water get into the ferrule. If water gets in the ferrule, the metal part of your brush that keeps the bristles attached to the handle, it could dry the glue and loosen the bristles enough to fall out. Once they are dry, you are good to go and dirty them up again!

I hope this helps you through the Halloween season, so you can go crazy with your paints and makeup and not worry about how you're going to get it all off! Since we are getting closer and closer to Halloween, I will be posting more frequently so I can cover all of the material I want you to have before Saturday! So keep on checking back this week as we are approaching the weekend!! Thanks so much for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016