Winter Skin Care

Before the snow starts hitting the ground, I wanted to share my winter skin care routine with you. Skin care is crucial during this time of the year to prevent certain areas from drying out and becoming irritated. To keep your skin feeling luscious and beautiful before the winter air hits it don't forget to add moisture back in without breaking the bank!

Cracked and dry heels are a force to be reckoned with anytime of the year, but during the winter my feet see a lot more attention from wrapping them up in cute fuzzy socks on the daily. My favorite lotion that really moisturizes the heck out of this problem area of mine is actually from the dollar store. Yes, I know, the dollar store! White Rain's Boutique Collection sold at Dollar Tree has a Daily Foot & Heel Cream that works so well, I would even pay more than $1 for it. I have been using my first tube for almost a year and my feet have never looked better. Literally. As for the socks pair with the lotion to wear overnight, I normally go for the cute ones at Bath & Body Works or the Earth Therapeutics Aloe Socks that are sold at Kohl's and Ulta. (Cheaper at Kohl's) I've never found that infused socks actually moisturize my feet, but I have noticed that the softness helps to keep them moisturized when I apply lotion to them first.


Another lotion I have introduced into my skin care routine a few months back now is from Soap & Glory. The Righteous Butter is my first lotion that I find does not leave my skin feeling greasy. For those of you who have seen a rise in beauty guru's introducing S&G into their videos or have noticed the brand just moved into Ulta exclusively, the proof is in the pudding. Surprisingly the brand is fairly inexpensive and they offer travel sizes that allow you to test the product before diving into the 10.1 oz tub. I am a sucker for travel items, especially when the high end products full size normally take me a few pay checks to save up for. So when the opportunity arises to save some dough when trying a new product, I hit it up. The 1.69 oz tub will run you about $4 at Ulta, but the 10.1 oz that I mentioned earlier is $15 and the 16.2 oz is $12. Yes, the more you get the less you spend! Seriously, go check this brand out next time you're in Ulta, perhaps checking those cute socks out?


Your hands can take a beating with scraping ice off of your car windows each morning that you forget your gloves, or even when you spend an entire afternoon shoveling while it's snowing. Both of which I am not at all looking forward to, but being an only child I just had to deal growing up. I noticed that not only my hands were getting severely dry but my cuticles were irritated from not being attended to. To top it off, my lips were dried, cracked, and angry. I spent years trying to find a lip balm to help me and that I could actually stand the taste of. Thank goodness it only took about 20 years. C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve is amazing anywhere you choose to put it, but specifically on your cuticles and lips it is heaven. The rose extract infused balm helps to ease irritation and condition the skin, making your lips look and feel their best and your cuticles looking fresh. The packaging markets just like Vaseline but the scent is nicer and the texture is less goopy. I found mine at Bath & Body Works for $5.50. If you live anywhere near an actual C.O. Bigelow, consider yourself lucky, but it should be the same price.


Alright, we have lips, cuticles, legs, hands, and feet covered, so what else is there?! The face! I have shown a few face moisturizers these past few months and nothing has stuck quite like the ones from Clinique. A newer one that I started incorporating whether I wear makeup or not, is the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. Amazing, but a little goes a long way with gel moisturizers! If you're not a huge fan of moisturizing your face, especially if you have an oily complexion, just remember that oil combats oil. When you moisturize your face, your skin wont have to work as hard to, so in turn you will have less oil over time!


Alright, so I hope you guys stay moisturized this winter, especially when it starts feeling like it outside. Anyone else in PA and surprised at how late into December it is without the white stuff?? I am starting to prep on a mini-series dedicated to drugstore products, so keep checking back! Thanks so much for reading and let me know if you try out any of the products mentioned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016