Chit Chat

The holidays are upon us and I wanted to do a quick chat, almost like a get ready with me mixed with a get to know me as I am getting ready for the holidays! I am very big on check lists, just like Santa, and with 18 days left to shop, I need them. During this time of the year, I am so fixated on work and taking care of the house that I am the acting property manager of, that I often forget that I need to go shopping! And who can actually forget to shop!?

Nick and I made it easy this year and got the majority of the gifts purchased last weekend. We found that Sunday mornings are best for avoiding big crowds, especially at the mall. Him and I are big on getting up early on weekends and avoiding crowds in general. Like going to the movies, we will select the earliest showing as possible on a Sunday morning and get the best seats. Every single time.

One time we ventured to see a movie late at night, at one of those dine in theatres that are popping up every where, and it took them over an hour to serve me the chicken tenders I ordered before the movie even started. Never again!

In order to understand us, you will need to know that we act like an old married couple who can't get enough of each other. Sundays are our date days and we just spend the day doing whatever needs to get done or whatever we want to do. It's the one day a week that we have together without work or interruption, well at least minimal interruption.

So this year is just as crazy as the last, and this being our 3rd Christmas together, we have created traditions together. And not just the one on Thanksgiving where I always forget to bring something. The first year I forgot the dessert, the next year I made it again and forgot the whipped cream, and this year I forgot to return the mixer. A friend of ours hosts a party for all of us to catch up with each other and get a little boozey. I have been friends with group for years and we always went on trips before we grew up, so this is our way of celebrating the holidays together. I am so excited for that!! Even our old roommates are coming in from Vegas to go out in Philly! This Holiday Hustle will commence the week of Christmas along with a full work week. Can't wait!

I know I said it not too long ago, but man the time is flying by and I really have no idea where it goes, but hopefully this season is not too overwhelming for everyone! Just thinking of all the cookies that I need to bake on the 20th, makes me think I need to reserve the kitchen for the day! I know this post ended up being a little longer than expected, but hopefully you liked this relaxed chit chat post and maybe I can start incorporating them into the mix? Let me know what you think and don't stop checking Instagram for more Holiday looks that might not make it onto the blog or even SnapChat! I wanted to touch on my last post, I have been attempting to embed my Instagram photos and I am having some technical difficulties, so hang in there, I will figure it out! Thanks so much for reading and don't forget to use those buttons to check me out all over social media!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016