Favorite Christmas Movies

The Yuletide season is full of films that tug at heartstrings and make me laugh so hard I cry, and I am sharing this annual list with you! Some of these movies I have been watching year after year and some have been added recently to be repeated next year. Most of these movies I have not watched yet this month but I intend on finishing by Christmas!

1. Elf - absolute classic and I still remember the first time I went to see it in theatres with friends back in 2003. The first year of being a teenager, too. Good year.

2. How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Jim freaking Carrey brings it with the quick wit for adults and still somehow appropriate for children and it's perfect.

3. The Santa Clause -  Tim Allen becomes Santa while dealing with custody of his kid but inspires children and adults alike to believe in him again.

4. It's a Wonderful Life - Oldie but a goodie. I watched this movie after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year while the bird was cooking until my mom retired in Florida a few years back. No amount of money or fame will make you happy if you are sacrificing your family to make it and George Bailey learns this lesson by taking a wild trip into a world where he never existed in the first place.

5. The Family Stone - Another family based movie surrounding a man bringing his girlfriend to meet the family with the intent of proposing on Christmas. How the family welcomes her shows how much spirit and love this family has for their own and not so much outsiders. This one really tugs at my heartstrings and also makes me very thankful that Nick doesn't have siblings.

6. Four Christmases - A couple is forced to travel around to two sets of divorced parents houses for a Christmas celebration but find out more about each other in one day than they have in the last 3 years together. It's an emotional and hilarious rollercoaster with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn.

7. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - If anything could go wrong when the family shows up for the holidays then it is going to happen to this guy. This one is always on repeat throughout the holidays and I hardly ever sit down to watch it in its entirety but, I promise it will be coming on  at least 5 times on ABC family during their countdown.

8. The Holiday - When you've hit what feels like rock bottom in a situation and all you want to do is run, why not swap houses with someone in another country? That's what two women do and it changes their lives in the most spectacular way. LOVE.

This time of the year is perfect for unwinding with friends and family at the end of the day or at the beginning of the weekend in front of a big screen with the fire going along with a cup of hot cocoa. I think I like this time of the year more than I did before writing this up! What movies do you guys watch during the holidays? I would love to add to this list by next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016