Tarte Rain Forest of the Sea Skin Care Collection Review

As many of you saw not too long ago I purchased the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Make A Splash Hydrating Skin Savers kit from Sephora to get a taste of this new collection! This kit includes all of the new skin care items from the Rainforest of the Sea collection for only $10. Now this line is only being sold at Sephora and this kit is limited edition, so if you're reading this and you want to try it out, click open another tab and add that baby to your cart.




First and foremost I would like to go into why I purchase these kits, minis, deluxe samples, and travel size items so often. I have been asked a few times from friends if purchasing these high end products at a slight discount is even worth it for the amount of product that you end up receiving and my answer to that is absolutely! Even though there are dozens of blogs and articles circulating about how it's just a gimmick to purchase those items near the cash wrap, you can't tell me that it doesn't make sense to try a $30 mascara at $12 just to see if it is worth the hype. Then the beauty of it all is these brands like Too Faced, Smashbox, Tarte, Clinique and dozens more make these kits that are normally around $20 or less, making each product even less expensive to try. Now you can try out these products that exceed $30 at a reasonable cost and even if you decide you can never scrape together $90 for this Tarte collection, here you can purchase one or two of the samplers and make it last! Now that that's out of the way, on to the review.




The packaging is so cute for this skin care line with the turquoise, blue, and purple waves accented with gold just screams summer time in the best way possible. Each product from this line smells nothing like any other skin care I have tried and at first I actually didn't care for it but as time went on it grew on me. My favorite and probably the only thing I will repurchase from this collection is the Marine Boosting Mist, which I didn't realize I loved until I ran out.




The Marine Boosting Mist, 0.338 oz, is a four-in-one mist to prime, set, hydrate, and refresh. I am not a person to use a mist in place of a primer so I used this mostly to hydrate and refresh whether I am wearing makeup or not. The formula is hypoallergenic and infused with antioxidants to help with dry skin, daily aggressors, redness, and puffiness. That is where I saw the most difference in my skin once I added this mist; my redness was not flaring up as much and my skin seemed very receptive to the formula and softened up texturized areas on my cheeks and temples.


 


It is hard to sell me on a new cleanser that can do exactly what my Philosophy Purity achieves and more, so when I tried the Deep Dive Cleansing Gel, 0.25 oz, I wasn't exactly impressed. I go over the top and beyond to make sure I not only remove my makeup from the surface but also to make sure I don't wake up with extra clogged pores. This cleansing gel is nice. It smells great like the rest of the line and removes makeup just like any cleanser would without any additional assistance (not very well). The only issue I really had with this small bottle was being able to control the amount I wanted to use with the pour top, which is non existent with the full size bottle. I would save time and money on this one and skip it unless you're really feeling yourself and the scent of these products.




After obsessing over skin care recently, I now have more moisturizers than I can handle on my makeup table at home and this one never made it to the forefront. I absolutely tried it throughout the month and carried it in my bag to use while at work if I forgot to moisturize on my way out the door at 6:45AM. The Drink H2O Hydrating Boost, 0.24 oz, is a light weight water gel to moisturize skin. I do believe it had a cooling sensation right after application and was very refreshing. Now I really put these to the test when I'm at work since I am forced to go for long periods of time without checking my makeup and skin. This product failed this test time and time again! After about 4 hours I felt like a greasy mess and that is when the Marine Boosting Mist would come to the rescue. I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do is buy a product only to have to purchase another to make the first one work. In this case its about $60 that I don't want to dish out. Plus, forget about putting this under your makeup unless you like that melted look.




Hopefully these reviews can help you in whether or not you would like to try these products out at home and will assist in making an educated decision on the full size bottles. If you have tried any of these out, please let me know what you think in the comment section below or on any of my socials! Thanks for reading!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016