April & May Favorites

Hey guys! Man have I had a busy week that I cannot wait to share with you all, that will be going up early next week, but for now I am sharing my April & May favorites! I combined the two months because I was on a mission to attempt to use the products up that I have been purchasing recently (to make room for newbies, of course). I am trying to be better at getting these up in a reasonable manner and I'm already prepping my June favorites for yall! So enjoy my favs from the last two months because I used these babies hard!


Skin Care


Glam Glow Bright Eye Treatment


Someone told me to only open half the packet to reveal the product for one eye and use for both eyes to save on the amount of product used to make the box last longer. I have come to realize that when using half of the amount the company tells you to use on each eye is not as effective. For fun, I wanted to try it out again and here I put all of the product on as per the packaging and man it felt different. The gel felt the same going on and I tried to spread out the dark matter in the gel across the surface I wanted to brighten. In doing so, the area began to tingle and tighten the area around my eyes. This was starting to feel amazing. I normally leave it on for about 40 minutes, since I upgraded my Hulu to no commercials, but the package states 15 minutes before wiping off.

Tarte Maracuja Neck Treatment


As I've mentioned before, I have been trying to keep up with skin care and I have been loving this cream for my neck area. My friend was telling me just the other day that the skin of your neck area will show your true age since people forget to moisturize this area. So if your face is soft and glowy but everything goes down hill south of the chin, then I want to get a jump on that before my skin starts to show the aging process. I do want to make an entire post on skin care, but as a teaser in case you are reading this and you're thinking this cream is not for you, our skin starts to age at 18. Yupp, I was in my first year of college glory days and I was already at my skin's peak. So just keep that in mind when blowing off skin care items, like I did at that age. This cream smells and feels amazing. The light creamy texture is easy to rub or pat into the skin, whichever you choose. I only use this cream before bedtime because I enjoy lighter weight moisturizers during the day. This is a product I received the mini of and can't wait to purchase the full size.

Rohto Hydra Eye Drops


For my day job, I work 40 hours a week sitting in front of a computer screen for approx 10+ hrs per day. The worst part about it is staring into a screen for hours on end, the bright lights, and the strain it puts on my eyes. I noticed more these past two months than any other since I have been working here, that my eye sight is not only getting worse but that I am also not keeping my eyes as hydrated as they should be. To help with this in the past I have used these Rohto eye drops, but lost the bottle. I went to buy a replacement but there were no stores in my surrounding area with this exact product. I tried the Rohto Multi-Symptom drops, which burned my eyes and only cleared up the redness that I wasn't worried about. I went back to a CVS near me and got the store brand's version of Hydra, which had a nice formula but awful packaging (which Nick informed me is the standard packaging for eye drops). I seriously love this product and have not been able to find anything as soothing in years!

To Wear


Quay Sunnies - Kitti


This was a pure impulse want and not exactly need purchase. Nick knew I had been stalking other YouTubers and their Quay collections online. He actually called up Urban Outfitters in KOP mall to make sure they carried them and surprised me with a trip to find my perfect pair. I am not kidding you when I say, the first pair I tried on was the pair I went home with. I love these sunnies so much from the cat eye to the matte black frames. Very fashionable and summons my inner Katy (Lustrelux) and collect them all!

Makeup & More


Make Up For Ever Instant Brush Cleanser


For a few of my looks these past months, color changes were a must. I was using the same 3 brushes for multiple colors and to ensure those vivid colors popped on their own, I needed to clean the brush during application. A quick spritz of this cleanser on both sides and wiping with a paper towel made my looks possible. I have been using this cleanser for about a year now and have repurchased the small bottle twice and now I finally upgraded to the big bottle. What I like about this cleanser is that it gets the brush clean and dries within seconds, so there is no worry about the time between each shadow and an even longer application time.

Ardell Individuals


I purchased these out of pure curiosity. I have never seen nor searched on how to apply, but because of this it took me a while to figure out. I could write a whole post on this ish for another day. These were my favorite to wear this month because of how natural they appear. Plus the little buggers stayed on for 2 days! They looked more natural and had a more flared appearance before I put on mascara. Be prepared to not only use an entire row on each eye, if not more, but to also become extremely frustrated in the process but hang in there, it's worth it.

Colour Pop Gel Eyeliner - Swerve


Colour Pop has been all over every social there is and they seem to be killing it. With the hype I was afraid some of the products would lack in quality, but with the prices they have there was no excuse to not try them! With my first order came this little pencil and I am in love! This is one of the blackest of blacks that I have, its creamy and glides right on the waterline. I can't wait to get some of the more colorful pencils and pots to check out their pigmentation and how they hold up like this one does. This liner is comparable to any drugstore one but the sleek packaging and twist up make it my go to for April & May!

Tools


Sephora Collection Glimmer In Her Eye - Eye Brush Set


It is about time I give this brush the spot light it deserves. I bought this in a set that after a few uses I discovered it not worth the price but it was so damn cute that I couldn't resist. This brush alone in 3 months validated this purchase all together. It is a short angled brush that perfectly applies my brows every time. I'm not sure if this is something that you can still purchase in this color but I'm sure Sephora will keep releasing similar sets. I double checked their website and you can search for the Sephora Collection Brush Canister, it appears to pop up with new colors every so often.

Body Care


Lush Body Scrub Solid - Rub Rub Rub


I just mentioned this body scrub in my empties and this was something I recently ran out of. I wish it would have lasted a little bit longer because it felt amazing and smelled so beautiful. To me it smelled faintly fresh and almost like lavender but has a blend of jasmine, mimosa, and orange. Yum yum yum!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016