Empties

One of my most searched videos I enjoy watching on YouTube are Empties videos! I love seeing that anyone from 3 subscribers to 3 million subscribers are not afraid to show what they've finished. It ends up being a show of what they liked, how long the product lasted for them, and if they would repurchase that item. To me it shows if that $90 facial oil or $30 shampoo is worth the time and money to even bother if it was just "ok". I do not finish products too often, but I have started a little pile, enough to show case what I use and if I would reuse any of them! So here are 5 empties products, so keep reading to find out if I would repurchase them!



First up we have the Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser, $8.50. This cleanser lasted me forever, I'm pretty sure I had it about a year before actually getting down to the wire. This is a great gentle exfoliator at an amazing price. The product itself advertises to sweep away dead skin cells with the micro beads and then penetrates deep into pores minimize their appearance. I never noticed any difference in the appearance of my pores but after messaging the cleanser into my skin, it felt very smooth. To me, there is nothing particularly special about this cleanser besides the fact that it is scentless, affordable, and very gentle. I have repurchased this but we have an on again off again type of relationship where I have been using the Elf Exfoliating Scrub.


Nail polish remover is a staple in any girls life and companies are always trying to make it as simple and effective as possible. Something that I will be repurchasing the next time I'm at Target is the Elf Nail Polish Remover Pads, $2. They are thin light pads, a little thicker than a makeup removing wipe, that you use to remove your nail polish. Each one contains 24 pads in that travel friendly screw top case. They are not only convenient but also cost effective, smell a lot better than regular nail polish, and the formula is not as drying on your nails and cuticles. To remove my polish on all fingers I will use about 2-3 depending on the color and formula of the nail polish. As for glitter, you may either need a few more pads or bring in the big guns with acetone (which always works for me).


For anyone who knows me or has been keeping up with my blog, you should know by now how much I love masks. Any kind! For me a great hair mask leaves my locks feeling fresh, bouncy, shiny, and soft. It's a plus if it smells amazing too. The OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Intense Moisturizing Treatment, $8, is not up to par. It smells amazing and my hair is left shiny and full but there is no added softness. When my hair was longer, I struggled with tangles and this treatment did absolutely nothing to assist in managing or detangling. It really seems like it is just a regular conditioner in a treatment's packaging. I found myself using other treatments or masks with it for softness and detangling, and really every other thing this treatment should be treating. This is a no-go for me and I will definitely not repurchase.



I have a love hate relationship with Lush. For those of you who are die hard fans of this company and their products, I am not hating on the entire brand! They have a wonderful range of products that just don't cater to me specifically but when I found this solid body scrub, I really loved it! Rub Rub Rub, $10, is a body polishing bar with scents like jasmine, mimosa, and orange that left me pleasantly surprised how fresh it smelled in and out of the shower. I don't think I will repurchase this in the bar form, when searching online I found that it does have a potted version that I think will be better for me. The bar felt like it washed away too quickly and it did not last as long as I would have hoped. The only thing is there is a huge difference in price between the bar at $10 and the pot at $23.



Bath and Body Works, my old home. An all time favorite scent of mine is the classic Warm Vanilla Sugar. I have always used this and from past posts regarding fragrances, you should know that I will even blend it with several other scents offered there. The only thing is, my body does not require constant moisturizing. It took me 3 years to get through this bottle, which shows since they have not only repackaged WVS but also renamed the product (and added $0.50)! To me, this is an average body cream with an amazing fresh vanilla scent that you are left with all day or all night. I specifically used this Warm Vanilla Sugar Triple Moisture Body Cream, $13, on my legs and feet during the winter at night and sometimes after the shower. It's very thick but does the job. For those of you who are on the fence about it, it is amazing on dry skin but I would recommend wearing it overnight verses during the day. I will not repurchase, but it's still a great cream!


Hopefully an inside look at my trash was not too bad! Let me know what you guys think and if any of these products you enjoy as well!! Thanks for reading!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016