Beauty Nopes! Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes

Understandably for those only reading my Beauty Nopes! series, you may believe I despise Josie Maran's products but this is NOT the case at all. I do love the oils they have and how amazing they are on the skin, but after trying a lot of their products beyond them, I haven't discovered anything else that wows me. Please understand that this is just my opinion and I am not hating on a brand or even on the products I don't like, they simply did not work for me.



Moving on...Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes come in an adorable soft pink wrapper with polar bears snuggling. There was so much hope for this product just on that packaging alone. I mean if the bears were holding cokes, I might have actually put up with the sub par performance of the wipes. The reason the bears are on there is to raise awareness to global warming and for each product sold with those babies on there a portion of the proceeds go to NRDC's Polar Bear SOS initiative. That right there is an amazing brand.

Now to focus on the actual wipes, the package includes 30 fragrance free wipes. The ingredients suggest they are infused with aloe vera, chamomile, cucumber, vitamin E, and of course Argan Oil. If these advertised as dirt and oil removing wipes that can be used throughout your busy day for a fresh face, I would love them. They make your naked skin feel luxurious, soft, and cleansed. But the fact that they are supposed to stand up to makeup, too, that is where the disappointment lies.

To remove a full face of makeup, I need 4 wipes. At least they are courteous enough to give you 5 more wipes than the standard 25 at the drugstore but you do pay for it bearing almost double the price. When actually using the wipe to remove makeup it dries so quickly that you are forced to section off your face into 4 quadrants to make sure each section is fully free of makeup before moving on. Again, you have to work fast, wiping and tugging at your skin just to make sure it's all off, which I don't mind as much in most sections of my face but it really bothers me tugging at that delicate skin on and around my eyes. I don't know about you, but I like a high moisture towelette that I can use for my entire face without having to set a timer for each wipe.

I will definitely use the rest of the wipes in the pack at work to deter oil in the T-zone and as a mid-day refresher, but I will not be using these to actually remove makeup. Not a fan and not worth going to a high end store like Sephora to spend twice as much to perform half as well as the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes that you can find in any drugstore. Sephora does have an affordable option of paying $6 (half price) for 8 wipes. Yes. 8. Not impressed.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope no one took this review to heart, I love Josie Maran's oils and I will keep trying her products because she has it in the bag for skin care, but as far as makeup I am going to be a little cautious. Let me know what you think in the comment section below, if you agree or disagree. If these are your favorite wipes, let me know if there is a better way to use the wipes or any tips tricks to making them last longer so I don't have to use so many wipes at a time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016