Beauty Nopes! Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation

Tarte is one of my favorite brands and I have their Amazonian Clay foundation that I absolutely love. So please know when reading this I really wanted to love this foundation. I was really excited for this Rainforest of the Sea collection that launched this spring since Tarte went hard with their product line. To not waste money, I went to Sephora, got color matched, and asked for a sample to try it out which was more than enough for 1-2 applications.


For this foundation specifically, I was fairly impressed by the coverage with one layer and I ended up building it up to more of a medium/full coverage and set it for a matte finish. Within 4 hours I noticed it oxidized slightly darker with an orange undertone and it had broke up around my nose and cheeks. My forehead and chin were fine, it was the weirdest thing. What disappointed me the most was how close this color was to my skin tone, but it's not worth it if it separates on the skin after only a few hours. Plus their color selection is awful for deeper skin tones and doesn't even compare to their other foundations, surprisingly.



As far as the packaging, I'd like to say that I love a pump but I'm more of a fan of the dropper because I put my foundation on the back of my hand or on a palette before dipping my brush or a damp beauty blender in. So basically, I love the packaging, the color match, the coverage but it is not long wearing, it breaks apart, and it caters to lighter skin tones.


Please know that if these products are your favorites and work for you in this mini series, then I'm glad they do! I love Tarte and the majority of the products that I have used but I also would love to save someone from purchasing something that shows a poor performance for me. Thanks so much for reading! Let me know if you tried this foundation and what your thoughts are in the comment section below or on any of my social medias!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016