February Favorites

This month revolved around packing, moving, and chaos! So there really wasn't too much time for makeup, so most of the products I am mentioning this month are my ride or dies. I am working on a makeup look for later this weekend to break me back into the flow of things! So take a look at my February Favorites and I hope you enjoy!


Dessert

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

So even though it was a crazy month, Nick still found time to sweep me off my feet and surprise me with my favorite treats for Valentine's Day. Now to be clear we celebrate our love on a daily basis and feel as though V-day is overly commercialized however, we never shy away from a holiday that gets it's own candy aisle in most convenient stores or chocolate covered anything. So to surprise me he brought home a bunch of chocolate covered strawberries and a small strawberry cream cake from Whole Foods. Trust me, for treats with fresh fruit, Whole Foods has the best ones! We had the best time chilling in our room watching movies and binging on treats. Sometimes it's the little things that make a girl feel special. 

Makeup

Upward Lash Mascara

This was the first mascara I ever got from MAC and it is absolutely amazing. I truly believe magic touches my lashes when the little brush separates each lash and extends them to the heavens. The small brush has holes that hold extra product so you can work the mascara onto the lashes but you don't have to keep dipping the wand back into the tube. Since I haven't been wearing too much makeup this month, I still try to liven things up a bit by using a soft lip color and a touch of mascara. 


C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

As it's second mention on my blog so far, I have to say this is a ride or die product. More recently I have been putting the balm on my cuticles. When you are packing boxes constantly, or unpacking, your hands can get very dry. I remember even working at Bath and Body Works when we would unpack the shipment and I always hit my cuticles on the edges of the boxes and would even break my nails. To ease the pain and soften the appearance of my janky hands, I slathered my cuticles in this stuff. I honestly didn't know how much I used this balm until I stopped working there.

Hair

It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product

Another ride or die product right here. We have talked about my tangled mop and this product makes sure that my hair feels less like straw and more soft and luscious. I have learned to use this product sparingly due to my natural oils peeking through towards the end of the day, which gets worse when I touch it constantly because of the softness. 

Macadamia Deep Repair Masque

For February, we attempted to pack as much as possible and leave minimal products in the shower. In doing so I ran out of conditioner and started using this mask as such. I noticed slightly less breakage, less tangles, and I didn't look too much like a frizz ball when I let my hair dry naturally. This mask smells delicious and I always have a backup or two on hand at all times. I did notice that I put the old packaging version of this mask in the picture for my favorites, but that is the one I have been using. As we all know even with packaging launches products can change slightly, and I already have one to try but have not tried it just yet. When I do, there will be a comparison, promise. :)

Hair Clips

These clips are not so much brand specific, just very tiny ones I've starting using almost every day this month. Normally I would take about 3 bobby pins to get all the baby hairs to not fall from my high bun or pony. Recently I found a few of these baby clips and only need one to snatch all the baby hairs that fall. They have been a lifesaver and so much easier and quicker to use (and find) than bobby pins. Love.

Skin Care

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser

The best part of my day is to wash off the dirt and grime when I come home. This is another product I am mentioning again because I will keep repurchasing. It cleanses and is so soft on the skin. This is a must try and it is so easy to get your hands on it, especially in Ulta and Sephora, even to just try out the travel size. Seriously, check it out.

Pacifica Enzymatic Exfoliating Wipes

When I purchased these, I thought they were make up removing wipes, and when I found out how to actually use them, I know I will be going back to buy a bunch just to keep in my purse. So these wipes are for after you've washed your face to get any extra grit you may have missed or maybe a few hours into work with no makeup and you're feeling oily, these wipes are perfection. This is the perfect way to refresh yourself and even wake up a bit from the scent of peaches and apricots!


Soap & Glory Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel

The scent of this gel is so unique and threw me off the first couple of tries. This shower gel feels great and suds up nicely, but the best part is feeling my skin after I'm towel dried. The feminine scent lasts hours after the shower and leaves skin feeling so clean and soft. I had been using this gel for the past 3 months off and on and it wasn't until I finished it off when I realized how much I enjoyed it. I will definitely be repurchasing, but this can only be found online or in stores at Ulta if you are in the states. I still can't believe how inexpensive it is too ($10 for 16.2 oz)!

Nails

Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer - Clear

Some of my favorite makeup products and nail polishes are from Maybelline, so I am finally shedding a light on this clear coat polish they came out with that I discovered a few years back. This clear coat is nice on top of most high end brands and honestly works better than the OPI clear coats that I've used. Now to be fair, some of the other colors from the Color Show collection do not measure up, but this is the most consistent clear coat I have ever used. It leave a high gloss finish and the cutest packaging.  I have repurchased this for years now and wont stop! It is so inexpensive and I will be going over drugstore polishes soon too!!


Phew! Alright, so as I mentioned over and over, most of these products are my ride or dies and were completely over used this month since I was using minimal makeup and products to help pack faster. I do not recommend moving during the shortest month of the year! It will make for excessive chaos. Thanks so much for coming back and reading up on my favorites from last month. I hope yall enjoyed!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016