Chit Chat 5

After a weekend of purchasing a washer, dryer, TV, sofa bed, love seat, and adopting a kitten, I guess I can finally confirm that Nick and I are officially moving into a new apartment. We wanted to make it official before making any type of announcement in fear of it falling through, but having made all these decisions and currently residing with the majority of our belongings in boxes, it finally feels official.

To give you a little back story, I have been living on my own (with roommates) since I was 17 when I moved to West Chester for college. I had new roommates every semester whether having to do with not getting along, girl drama, graduating, moving across the country, or even marriage. I found it would be better off to return to having my own room and made the decision to move into a dorm apartment off campus with 3 strangers. These girls were so fun but of course by the end one graduated, one we weren't too fond of and the other moved home. I was left looking for other roommates and signed onto a year lease with three girls who did not believe I was good enough to talk to let alone look at since I did not agree with their drinking 3 glasses of wine before attending a class at 11am. At this point I put in to sublet the apartment to move in with the one girl who decided to move back to West Chester and not commute from Jersey. And this is where I have been ever since. Trust me, that is the short version.

In 8 years I have had the pleasure of living with 28 roommates between dorms, apartments, and a house. I have been living in my current home for approximately 6 years where I have been acting property manager for at least half of that time for my 105 year old landlord. Yes, 105. He will remind you in every conversation that he was born in 1910 and grew up basically uneducated working on a farm and hasn't been able to stop working ever since. Time permitting, he is great to listen to. Regardless, it was bittersweet giving him my 30 days notice of terminating the lease agreement and forfeiting all property management responsibilities.

Nick and I have been living together almost the entire time we have been dating, and it took us about 2 years to save. A trip to Florida was a tiny bump in the road with our savings but well worth it. Now we have almost everything we need to finally live without the added people, drama, money problems, noises, and so forth. Looking at this year so far, it is a good one, I can feel it. I will make sure to add photos later on once we move in it! Thanks so much for reading and I am so glad to be back in the game on here! A Valentines Day look is on the way in addition to introducing you to our kitty, so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Madness Challenge

Where I've been for 2.5 years

New Years Resolution for 2016